Global Notification

Notice! New Schedules are here!


Chapter 29: Attributes and Skills

After I took an early bath at the inn, I changed into a new shirt to replace the blood-stained one. The shirt was torn, but it seemed like a waste to throw it away.

I didn't have enough money to freely buy new clothes. However, because of my ability of super regeneration, I had been completely neglecting the concept of armor.

Even the Flag Duo seems to be able to fight stronger opponents thanks to their high-quality armor. I can't keep staining my clothes with blood every time, and if I'm going to fight creatures like the Lizard Cock in the future, it might be better to at least have the appearance of proper gear.

As I lay down on the bed, thinking that I have to work and earn money tomorrow, my body was tired but my mind was alert, making it difficult for me to fall asleep.

When I closed my eyes, Eva's figure appeared in my mind, and I quickly opened my eyes.

"Are you okay?"

El peered at my face with a worried expression. Trying to force myself to sleep like this would likely be a waste of time. I decided to accompany El until I got sleepy.

It was a good opportunity because there was something I wanted to ask El. I asked El to explain my skills, attributes, and the knowledge I acquired today.

"Okay, I understand. Then let's start with the explanation of attributes," El said.

"Every living thing in this world, whether it's humans, animals, or monsters, has attributes assigned to them. Attributes have their own compatibilities, and the most representative ones are the four elements: fire, water, earth, and wind.

"They form a cycle where fire < water < earth < wind < fire. There are also rare attributes like light and darkness. However, generally speaking, the power of attributes increases proportionally with level, so it's not something to worry too much about at lower levels.

"Unless you're significantly close to a specific attribute like a fire spirit or a water spirit, you can even say you have no attribute for the time being.

"So, for now, you don't need to worry about attributes," El said nonchalantly. Indeed, I didn't have the financial flexibility to deal with attribute-specific measures.

"Then let's move on to the explanation of skills, I said.

This seemed like an urgent topic. Skills like mining or essential exploration skills, perhaps? Now, El explained the skills I had asked about.

Skills are abilities that utilize the flow of magical power within living beings to exert greater strength than usual or manifest the magical power itself. No matter how much you train the human body, it has its limits.

For example, no matter how hard you try, you can barely run 100 meters in under 10 seconds, and you can't easily swing objects weighing over 100 kilograms. It's also impossible to move while ignoring the laws of physics.

That's where magical power comes into play. By supplementing physical strength with the magical power within the body, you can run at speeds surpassing top athletes or effortlessly lift heavy objects.

The reason Raul can swing a massive Great Sword with one hand is thanks to his strength enhancement skill. Eva's mining skill allows her to know where to dig through visual assistance and prevents damage during mining by coating minerals with magical power.

In addition to assisting physical abilities, there are also skills known as magic that can create fire or heal wounds.

Anyway, magical power seems to have a wide range of applications and high adaptability. Those skilled in handling magical power can even create their own skills. Skills are not only useful for adventuring but also for everyday life.

So, how can one acquire skills? There are two methods: learning through experience and learning through instruction.

Learning through experience involves acquiring the usage of magical power and mastering it as a skill through daily life, adventures, and training.

On the other hand, learning through instruction is when someone who has already acquired a skill teaches it to others through the use of magical power.

Of course, the latter allows you to acquire skills quickly. However, there are procedures and items required for the transmission of skills, and it's not easy for someone with a skill to simply pass it on to others.

That's where skill shops come in. It seems that there are several facilities in this castle town that specialize in skill transmission. Tomorrow, I should go visit them and see for myself.

"That's a brief explanation of skills," El concluded.

"I see... I more or less understood, but do I have any skills other than super regeneration?" I asked.

"I wonder about that," El replied.

"El, Can't you see the skills that others possess?" I asked.

"I can see them," El responded.

If that's the case, I would have wanted to know from the very beginning, even on the day I arrived in this world.

"...Well, it's fine. In that case, go ahead and take a look at what skills I have,"

"Understood. Please wait a moment," El said.

She stared at me intently. She told me my level was 0 before, so I don't have high expectations this time either. Yet, being stared at so seriously makes me nervous.

"I got it!" El exclaimed.

"Oh! And? What skills do I have?" I asked eagerly.

"Language Proficiency! Swordsmanship Lv1! Protect! That's all," El replied.

"What!?"

Considering the flow up until now, I had prepared myself for not having a single skill, but I ended up with three. It's definitely more exciting than being told my level was 0.

The ability to read the language of this world is thanks to the Language Proficiency skill. Swordsmanship Lv1 might be because Raul-san taught me. But ‘Protect’...?

Protect...to shield someone, huh? In games, it's an ability to take damage on behalf of your allies... Ah! I see now!

At that moment, everything started to make sense. When Eva was attacked by the ogre, and even today when she was pounced on by the lizard cock, my body moved at an unbelievable speed.

Was that ‘Protect’ activating? It might be a skill that goes well with my ability of super regeneration. It hurts, it's scary, and I could even die if I'm not careful.

"But why do I have a skill like Protect?" I wondered.

"It's because you're the Hero, that's why! The Hero is meant to protect everyone!" El explained.

Hmm, it's somewhat convincing and yet not quite... But well, thanks to that, I was able to protect Eva today, so the details don't matter.

"Yawn~ "

At that moment, an unconscious yawn escaped my lips. Somehow, drowsiness had grown stronger without my noticing.

"Hero-sama, feeling sleepy?"

Once I felt the drowsiness, it didn't take long from there. The drowsiness swiftly invited sleep throughout my entire body.

"Yeah, yawn~... I'm getting... sleepy…"

As I lay down, my eyelids, heavy as lead, closed tightly. The room seemed to darken all of a sudden. El must have covered the lamp. Ah, I'm so... sleepy…

"Hero-sama, thank you for your hard work today. Chu."

Novel Notes

Join me on Patreon for early access to advance chapters and to support the translation of more amazing stories!
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/suzerain_sama

Tags: Read faloo novels; My Protect skill can take my life but it can also help me flirt and make love with cold beauties! Chapter 29: Attributes and Skills for free, Read My Protect skill can take my life but it can also help me flirt and make love with cold beauties! Chapter 29: Attributes and Skills fantasy Novels, Read popular Chapter 29: Attributes and Skills online, Latest Chapter 29: Attributes and Skills available here for read, My Protect skill can take my life but it can also help me flirt and make love with cold beauties! Chapter 29: Attributes and Skills chapter, high quality sub indo, My Protect skill can take my life but it can also help me flirt and make love with cold beauties! machine translated, novel updates, mtl, , Suzerain Novel Translations

You may like

Comment

Click to Show / Post Comments