Global Notification

Notice! New Schedules are here!


Chapter 45: Deadly Combat Begins

And so, it's morning!

‘I'm awake!!!!!!!!!!!!’

Good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning! It's Kurou-kun, who's going to fight a huge dragon and kill it!

Well, you see, I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep because I'm a cowardly guy who usually has nightmares of being killed, but I had a sound sleep

I feel strangely refreshed, filled with satisfaction, and my skin is glowing. What's happening here?! It's like I had a good dream!

"Oh, Kurou, you're already awake. ♡"

And there, Tiana-san greeted me while I was bewildered by this mysterious burst of energy. Wait a minute? Tiana-san, has her charm increased...?!

She's wearing an apron, probably because she was preparing breakfast, and she even gives off a young wife-like vibe...!

"Are you feeling okay? You unconsciously did it seven times... hehehehehehe ♡"

Huh? What's she talking about with the seven times? And Tiana-san, didn't she call me 'Anta' just until yesterday...? (The term "アンタ" (anta) is generally used in informal or familiar settings among friends and peers, while here Tiana is being more polite like to address husband, maybe.)

"N-No, it's nothing! Anyway, look, breakfast is ready, so eat up!"

Oh, how grateful! I was oddly starving! Oh, there's a damn long sausage about 10 centimeters! It looks delicious, Tiana-san!

"Hmm... it seems small now. After all, once you have three times the size of this in your belly... you know... ♡"

Wait, you've had such a sausage before?! I want to try it too, dammit!!

◆ ◇ ◆

"――it's frustrating, but this is as far as I can go with you,"

After breakfast. We've reached the entrance of the "Luna Mountains" to confront the dragon. Tiana-san has accompanied me this far. As specified in the request document, I am the only one who will face the dragon.

"If you deviate from the conditions due to the curse placed on the book, you will instantly fail the mission. I wish I could be of more help…"

‘Ohhh! Tiana-san is such a great person!’

If I were her, I would have refused to come anywhere near the mountains where the dragon lurks. It's really scary, you know. It's not like she’s going to die if she abandon Kurou-kun. But Tiana-san has been so devoted to this point, and I'm genuinely happy…

"――Thank you, Tiana. You really saved me." I take her hand with a determined expression. This might be the last time, so I want to express my gratitude properly.

"I will never forget the kindness you've shown me. Thanks to you, Tiana, I can fight with all my might."

"Kurou…"

Thank you so much, Tiana-san. You've taken care of me all this way. Maybe it's because of her that I'm in such great shape.

――Soul... Transcendentally delicious soul aroma!――

Oh, Muramasa is getting excited. It's a reaction we've never had before, indicating that the dragon is a formidable opponent. I really don't want to fight…

――Enormous... Malevolent... That... Consuming... I... Evolve...!――

Huh?! What did it just say? Wait, you're a sword, how can you evolve? Don't be delusional, inanimate objects don't do that!

――Discrimination against inanimate objects…!――

(It's a fact!)

Well, I don't really understand this magical equipments’ ability, but can it really evolve? It's an intriguing story. However, to confirm it, I have to defeat the dragon, huh?

‘Anyway, there's no choice but to do it. I don't want to fail the mission and cause trouble for Iris-san, and above all, I don't want to die.’

Alright, this time I'll go in with determination. I make my expression even more resolute and bid farewell to Tiana-san.

"Well then, I'm off."

"Yes... Please come back for ‘our’ sake my dear."

"Our? What does that mean?"

...Ah, right, Branch Chief Fiana was worried too, so it means I should come back for her as well! By the way, why is Tiana-san waving her hand while caressing her stomach with the other hand? Did she eat too much sausage?

◆◇◆

――Soooouuuullllll!――

"Stoooopppp!"

A few minutes after entering the mountains. I was planning to take it easy, but Muramasa wouldn't allow it. After passing a certain point, it started dashing wildly, forcing me into a hellish exercise of sprinting through the mountains at full speed!

"Huff, huff, I'm gonna die! I'm gonna be killed by this awful sword!"

My heart is pounding like crazy! Hey, Muramasa, the real deal is after meeting the dragon, you know?! Do you understand?!

――My vessel... sturdy! Stamina… Trust!――

"It's not about trust, you know?"

Well, yeah, I do have enough composure to complain while dashing up the mountain, but still!

"Damn it, because of you, I've been in full battle mode for the past few weeks... Thanks to that, I've been trained... But I really think it's better to have some extra stamina for actual combat.

After all, we hardly have any data on the opponent. According to Tiana-san, there are dragons who use spells. If we just keep charging in, we might fall into their traps.

So, I think it's necessary to have enough stamina to observe and assess the techniques they use before deciding to engage or retreat…

――My vessel, ready for combat! I'm happy!――

Ugh, it's frustrating to have my peaceful brain cells occupied with this kind of thing. Honestly, I have zero intention of fighting at all…

――Happy, happy!――

Anyway, perhaps Muramasa thought my opinion was rational because it finally slowed down its speed. It feels like it actually listened to me for the first time. Maybe now I can make another request?

"Hey, Muramasa, I think I'm just a mediocre vessel for you. So, how about we part ways once this battle is over?"

――No. You are mine forever.――

"I said no! Being together with someone like you for a lifetime would be hellish! Damn it, I'll definitely get rid of you someday!"

"Listen, Sword who loves battles. I hate fighting. I'd rather do things like falling in love, which don't tire me out. And then, in the future, I want to have a devoted wife and make babies, you know?"

――Already, achieved――

"Huh?"

What is Muramasa talking about...? I'm still a forever single loser who hasn't even had a kiss.

"Hey, what do you mean by that..." And so, as I was about to question the sword's bizarre statement――that moment.

"Gaaaaaaaah!"

A violent explosion echoed from the mountaintop, followed by a colossal black figure descending.

"...Huh?"

I knew it was going to be big from the claw marks in the village, but this…

"It's way too huge...!"

A black dragon over 500 meters in length stared at me with crimson eyes...!

"Gaaaaaaah!"

Oh no! It seems furious as if saying, ‘How dare you enter my territory!’

M-Muramasa-san, can we defeat this thing?!

――Possible!――

R-Really?!

――...Vessel... one year of training… Possible...――

Wait, isn't that no good at all――――――――?!

Novel Notes

Join me on Patreon for early access to advance chapters and to support the translation of more amazing stories!
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/suzerain_sama

Tags: Read faloo novels; Stop it! Its not me thats strong... Its the sword...! Chapter 45: Deadly Combat Begins for free, Read Stop it! Its not me thats strong... Its the sword...! Chapter 45: Deadly Combat Begins fantasy Novels, Read popular Chapter 45: Deadly Combat Begins online, Latest Chapter 45: Deadly Combat Begins available here for read, Stop it! Its not me thats strong... Its the sword...! Chapter 45: Deadly Combat Begins chapter, high quality sub indo, Stop it! Its not me thats strong... Its the sword...! machine translated, novel updates, mtl, , Suzerain Novel Translations

You may like

Comment

Click to Show / Post Comments